Saturday, April 24, 2010

Beef, Beer, and More Video

One more big thank you to every single person that helped out in some way with the Beef, Beer, And More on April 10th.

It was truly an awesome time. I can't thank the people that volunteered enough. This event wouldn't have worked without you. No matter what "job" you took up during this event, or before it for that matter, it wouldn't have worked without you.

No one person could have done all of this together. Having a community of people that are willing to lend a hand is sadly, a rare thing anymore. The amount of people that helped blew us away.

For this to run as smoothly as it did, everything needed to come together. I've told a lot of people this, and will say it again. It absolutely blows that we had to have this. But, having all these great people to lean on, that will just smile, and do whatever is needed, no questions asked, is the complete opposite.. it absolutely sucks... yes, this event sucked really really hard...(get it? opposite...heyo!)


Sooo anyways, thanks again to every single person that came out, bought a ticket, made a donation in some way, or that just sent thoughts, prayers, and good vibes are way.

I know other people have talked about other ways to fund raise for Dustin throughout this year. Whenever I learn of any of them, i'll be sure to throw them up here. And if not, I know we are already planning for next years! And truth be told, any event for Dustin i'm confident will be a success, because, for a guy, who I always thought was a bit of a dork, a lot of people seem to love the kid.

Please don't let the fact that there isn't a "party" coming up, be an excuse to sit back, and have the "i did my part" mindset. Keep hustlin' and raising awareness for Dustin. Keep visiting him, keep praying for him.

If you feel moved to do so, please support these local businesses that stepped up, and wanted to help out Dustin.... screw all the ones that shot us down.


Taylor Rentals
Benny's Pizza
Snyder Moore Insurance Agency
Garnet VW
D'Ambrosio Bakery
Victory Brewing
The Ice Butler
Campbell's
Devault Foods
Giant, Sam's Club, Acme


I'm still in the process of sending out thank you letters. So if you haven't gotten one, it's probably on the way.... there's literally almost 100 im sending out, so forgive me if you get lost in the shuffle, its not intentional.

Hope everyone enjoys the video. Google videos and YouTube limit you to 10 minutes per video. It took me quite a while to get this down to 9:59. I did however, have a lot of fun making this. Dustin is the one that got me into video editing and whatnot, so I feel as thought I have a high standard to live up to, as well as a tough critic watching.. Sooo Dustin, enjoy it... And yes, i'm aware its fast and shaky at parts... this crap is hard.

*Sorry to anyone who's pictures I stole from Facebook.


....ONE LAST THING TO READ!: I uploaded this to YouTube about a week ago, everything you read above this I typed out, and was ready to go. However, IMovie 09 has an audio glitch that happens when you speed frames up, and you only notice it after it's exported. That being said, I tried my best to patch over the bad parts. Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment